Vintage P&A Eagle Burner Pedestal Finger Oil Lamp
The Plume and Atwood Manufacturing Company was organized in Waterbury, Connecticut in 1869, under the name, Holmes, Booth and Atwood. Soon after its formation the firm bought some brass mills in Thomaston and Waterbury. Due to a legal battle over the name they incorporated in 1880 under Plume and Atwood Manufacturing Company, producing a full line of lamps and lamp trimmings for their company and also other manufacturers. From 1871 to 1912 the company was listed as the assignee for at east 62 lighting patents. They relocated to Thomaston, Connecticut in 1955, remaining there until the late 1950s, when Risdon Manufacturing Company of Danbury, Connecticut took over. Risdon continued to produce P&A burners well into the 1960s. Landers, Frary & Clark, from New Britain, Connecticut bought the fabricating division of P&A, which was subsequently purchased by the J. W. Williams Company, New York. General Electric Companys Housewares Division acquired J. W. Williams in 1965.