South American Storage Basket
Click thumbnails for expanded view.
- Quantity Available: 1
Head or storage basket, South American . This piece is 15&3/4 inches tall and 17 3/4 inches in diameter. The twining is reinforced on the inside with horizontal sappling twigs. There is no damage what so ever on the huge basket. It is reportedly from the Jivaro Head Hunter tribe and may have been used to carry the severed heads prior to shrinking. Circa 1900. Very interesting story with this basket.
Terms of sale.
1) We give a full 14 day inspection and return for a refund less S/H/I if found not to be as described.
2) Item must be received back in the same condition as sent prior to any refund being issued. If the item is received back damaged it will be returned to the buyer and a claim for the damages must be filed.
3) Payment is due within 5 days of purchase. Payment made with postal M/O item shipped the next business day after payment has been received. Personal or bank checks must clear before item is shipped.
4) This item will be shipped priority mail and will be insured. We are not responsible for items after they are shipped. We package all of items very carefully but sometimes things happen.
5) Email with any questions or for more photos
- Plain City, Utah
- Seller Since 2001
- View Storefront
- View Seller Website
- Contact Seller About This Item
- View Store Policies
- Reference #
- Ethnic, Folk & Native American Art
- Type / Pattern
- Twined (open)
- Width: 0 inch
- Height: 15 inches
- Depth: 0 inch
- Weight: 0 pound