Anasazi Pueblo I Piedra Black Grey Gourd Effigy Jar
THE HOGUP TRADE COMPANY
GUARANTEED 100% AUTHENTIC
"AS FOUND CONDITION"
"San Juan, Pueblo I; Gourd-Shaped Effigy Vessel".
"Type Piedra Black-on-White"
Found by Donald Brandenburg on his property in the 1960's to 1970's.
These were Obviously modeled after some member of curved-neck gourd family. This shape and type of pottery were confined almost exclusively to the Pueblo I Period in New Mexico. This black on grey pieces are an extremely rare example of this type of pottery. Apparently two nodes had been added to make pouring from this jar easier using the thumb and forefinger. Also accidently giving this jar the appearance of bird.
Estimated age of this jar: Pueblo I period from 1,116 yrs. B.P. to 1,266 yrs. B.P.
Damage: There are 2 small chips out of the edge of the mouth other than that there appears to be no other damage, no restoration, or paint enhancement.
Height: 7 3/4".
Diameter: 6 1/2".
Black plant based design on grey slipped body
Construction appears to be smoothed coil for base and the top to neck and handle smoothed and polished with anvil and paddle.
(Information taken in part from "ANASAZI POTTERY" by R.H. Lister and Florence C. Lister)
"VIEW ALL PHOTOS FOR BETTER IDEA OF CONDITION AS THE PHOTOS ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE DESCRIPTION."
I am happy to supply more photos all you have to do is ask.
Happy to answer any questions and combine shipping.
Please see our other items for more rare and unusual items from The Hogup Trade Company.
All of the pre historic artifacts sold by THE HOGUP TRADE COMPANY come with, at no extra cost, THE HOGUP TRADE COMPANIES written guarantee of Authenticity, Release and Discloser Certificate.
Terms of Sale
1) Payment; Is with PayPal only unless other arrangements have been made. If you purchase an item with BUY IT NOW The Hogup Trade Company requires immediate payment and will adjust shipping costs with a refund for multible items. If you purchase an item with the Best Offer option PAYMENT IS DUE IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT OF OUR INVOICE. Same as above for multiple purchases, will adjust shipping with a refund on shipping costs.
2) National Shipping; The Hogup Trade Company will combine shipping on multiple buys to a single buyer. Shipping cost includes delivery to the post office, shipping materials either wrapping paper, bubble wrap and peanuts, Priority Mail or UPS 2 Day Delivery, and tracking. All items are insured for full amount "NO EXCEPTIONS". Most of the items we ship we use the postal service boxes which are free, but when we have to have a custom box or double the postal service boxes to make a larger container for your item then it costs more. If there are any remaining funds over $1.00 we will be more than happy to refund them back to you. We will only ship to confirmed addresses.
Please feel free to contact eBay and file a complaint on their unjust 10% fee on postage.
Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is an additional minimum of $50.00.
3) GUARANTEE; I guarantee that all of the artifact’s that I list to the best of my knowledge are legally obtained and are 100% authentic and unaltered in modern times unless otherwise noted. All lots Certified or with COAs by a third party Grading or Authentication service are Guaranteed As Described with NO returns. Lots without Certification or COAs are described to the best of my ability based on my experience and knowledge. This is not a guarantee of Condition, Attribution, or of Age and are backed with a 14 day inspection period and return. SEE ITEM #5 for further information on returns and refunds.
4) RETURNS and REFUNDS; Item must be received back in the same condition as sent. I try to type each piece as best I can, but it is up to you the buyer to view the photos provided or ask for more to make the final determination as to what type of point, pottery, basket, or anything else you are buying is. I do not accept COA's or Kill Letters from the AACA's Hall of Shame authenticators for a reason to return any of the artifacts sold by The Hogup Trade Company. You can send any artifact purchased from The Hogup Trade Com. to whom you wish it is your choice but we will not cover any of the expenses of having the artifact looked at if it is turned downed except for the following 3 authentication services Ben Stermer/ Western Typology authentication services, Robert Butler/ Butler authentication services, Bill Jackson, The Artifact Company authentication services. For authenticating pieces of rock art Robert Butler authentications are the only reputable authentication service that will authenticate rock art. Experienced authenticators are few and far between. Most authentication services it seems are either wrapped up in running auctions, are inexperienced, turn down artifacts that are good in order to sell bad ones they are selling. With so many fly by night authenticators at this time I feel that these are the most reputable, The Artifact Company, Western Typology, and Robert Butler authentication services. Perishable items must be C14 or RMS dated prior to a return, we DO NOT cover the cost of having these tests run but will cover your return postage to The Hogup Trade Com.
5) UNHAPPY WITH YOUR ITEM; You can return any item if you are not happy with your purchase. You must contact us within 2 days that you are returning the item. ALL costs associated with your return including insurance and tracking are your responsibility. The item must be received back in same condition as sent. Tracking information must be provided to us as well.
6) DAMAGED ITEMS; If you receive your item damaged please contact us immediately. We will make a refund once we receive the item back. You MUST return the item back to The Hogup Trade Company or to the shipping company, including ALL shipping material and container. We will file a claim with the carriers insurance within 2 business days of being notified. WE WILL NOT SHIP UNINSURED.