Masai Lion Shield and Spear
Click thumbnails for expanded view.
THE HOGUP TRADE COMPANY
Guaranteed 100% Authentic and legally obtained s.
Very fine and rare set to have both the shield and the spear used by a Masai warrior for self protection and to hunt lions.
The shield is 43" long and 28" across. The interior of the shield has a raw hide thong and stick frame with the artists name done in beads and shells. More photos upon request. The shield still has most of its original paint on the front of it in the shape of a lions face. This is a fantastic piece of African tribal art. The double end spear has a 38" lance blade made of cold steal on one end attached to an Ebony wood??? handle with a 27" Pike or spike on the other end. All hand forged. Absolutely awesome weapon for protection against the elements.
Just to think that these items were used to hunt lions it makes me think of deepest darkest Africa during Mr. Stanley and Mr. Livingston's time.
As found condition and 100% Authentic.
No damage or repairs either ancient or modern. Overall condition is excellent Graded 10+.
SEE PHOTOS FOR BETTER IDEA OF CONDITION.
View ALL photos for condition as they are a part of the description, ask for more photos if needed and any questions.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
1) Payment; I DO NOT EXCEPT "E" CHECKS. DO NOT PAY UNTIL I HAVE SENT YOU AN INVOICE. We accept PayPal Payments only and can be paid via PayPal with any credit or debit card. NO "E" CHECKS!!!! Payment using PayPal 3% usage fee added.
2) ) Shipping; We do not make ANY money off of this fee!! The shipping cost includes delivery to the post office, shipping materials either wrapping paper, bubble wrap and peanuts, USPS priority mail, or UPS Ground and tracking/ conformation. All items are insured for shipping "NO EXCEPTIONS". Most of the items we ship we use the postal service boxes which are free, but when we have to have a custom box or double the postal service boxes to make a larger container for your item then it costs more. If there is any remaining funds left over more than $1.00 we will refund it back to you. This item will also be sent with conformation, the number will be emailed to you for tracking purposes. We will only ship to confirmed addresses.
3) RETURNS: Item must be received back in the same condition as sent. A %100 refund for items found not to be authentic, this includes your authentication fees, provide original kill letter from authenticator not a copy, and shipping costs to and from authenticator, all other reasons refund made less S/H/I. We try to type each piece as best we can, but it is up to you the buyer to view the photos provided or ask for more to make the final determination as to what type of point, pottery, basket, or anything else you are buying is. If you return any artifact that has not been looked at by a qualified authenticator , your refund will be less S/H/I and any associated fees. Accepted authenticators are 1) Bill Jackson of Jackson Galleries /The Artifact Co. 2) Ben Stermer of Western Typology and 3) Robert Butler of Butler Authentications.
Cave perishable items must be C14 or Radio Mass Spectrometer testing and dated before being returned. We will NOT cover any C14 or RMS dating costs for perishable authentications.
4) Guarantee; I guarantee that all of the artifact’s that I list to the best of my knowledge are legally obtained and are 100% authentic and unaltered in modern times unless otherwise noted. All lots Certified or with COAs by a third party Grading or Authentication service are Guaranteed As Described with NO returns. Lots without Certification or COAs are described to the best of my ability based on my experience and knowledge. This is not a guarantee of Condition, Attribution, or of Age and are backed with a 14 day inspection period and return. Accepted authenticators are 1) Bill Jackson of Jackson Galleries /The Artifact Co. 2) Ben Stermer of Western Typology and 3) Robert Butler of Butler Authentications.
5) DAMAGED ITEMS: If you receive your item damaged please contact The Hogup Trade Company immediately, I will need photos of the damaged item, save shipping container and packing material and item to be given over to carrier. We will then make a claim to the carrier. I will also need to have the damaged item returned and all shipping material so I can turn them over to the carrier for inspection. Once claim has been filed and approved and item has been returned I will refund all of your money including S/H/I.
- Plain City, Utah
- Seller Since 2001
- View Storefront
- View Seller Website
- Contact Seller About This Item
- View Store Policies
- Reference #
- Militaria & Weapons
- Type / Pattern
- Width: 28 inches
- Height: 43 inches
- Depth: 0 inch
- Weight: 0 pound
- Buf. hide, metal, wood