John Leech Etchings 1864. 8 plates from Comic History of England
Click thumbnails for expanded view.
- Quantity Available: 1
Eight Colored Steel Plate Engravings by John Leech
Here are 8 of the 10 plates from volume I of The Comic History of England by Gilbert Abbott a'Beckett.
The scenes are:
1. The landing of Julius Caesar
2. William the Conqueror inspecting volunteers previous to the invasion of England
3. Terrific combat between Richard Coeur De Lion and Saladin
4. King John signing the Magna Carta 5. Edward's arm in the hands of his medical advisers
6. Queen Philippa interceding with Henry III for the Burgesses of Calais
7. Coronation of Henry IV (from the best authorities)
8. Embarkation of Henry V at Southampton, AD 1415.
Each measures 8-7/16 x 5-3/8 inches. The paper has yellowed and there is chipping and the occasional small tear, as you can see.
Published by Punch, in London, 1864.
Please see our inventory for more prints, antiguarian books and antiques of all kinds.
- Reference #
- Fine Art
- Type / Pattern
- Colored etchings
- John Leech/ Punch
- Width: 8.4 inches
- Height: 5.37 inches
- Depth: 0 inch
- Weight: 1 pound
- See Description