Christopher Columbus Vienna Porcelain Charger

Unavailable
This extraordinary hand-painted Vienna charger dates from the nineteenth century and depicts the triumphant return of Christopher Columbus to the coastal town of Palos in 1494. It measures 19.25 inches (48.9 cm) across and weighs an estimated 6-8 lbs. The artistry and attention to detail on this charger is of the highest quality. The rear shows the familiar blue beehive mark of Vienna, the title of the work, "Columbus landed in Hafen von Palos. 1494.", and an original paper label which reads "DUCAMP 276 Columbus' Return (fine figure work fro_ __sti collectio_)". This charger is in exceptional condition, with no visible wear to the painted decoration nor the gilding. This item resides with our client on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York and may be seen by appointment. ( hantiques )

Item Details

Reference #:
ha_262
Quantity
1
Category
Ceramics
Department
Antiques
Year
19th Century
Dimensions
(Width x Height X Depth)
x x
Weight
Unknown
Condition
Excellent
Material