AlliedSignal, Inc. ( Now Honeywell )

AlliedSignal, Inc. ( Now Honeywell )

Click thumbnails for expanded view.

AlliedSignal, Inc. ( Now Honeywell )

Add to Cart

  • $79.95

  • Quantity Available: 1

Beautifully engraved certificate from AlliedSignal, Inc. . This historic document was printed by the American Banknote Company and has an ornate border around it with a vignette of an allegorical woman standing above the clouds and inside rings. This item has the printed signatures of the Company's Chairman of the Board ( Lawrence A. Bossidy ) and Vice President (N. A. Garvey).
Certificate Vignette During World War I, Germany controlled much of the world's chemical industry, causing shortages of such commodities as dyes and drugs. In response, in 1920 Washington Post publisher Eugene Meyer and scientist William Nichols formed the Allied Chemical & Dye Corporation as an amalgamation of five American chemical companies established in the 1800s. In 1928, Allied opened a synthetic ammonia plant near Hopewell, Virginia, becoming the world's leading producer of ammonia. This was the company's earliest venture into new markets. After World War II, Allied began manufacturing other new products, including nylon 6 (for making everything from tires to clothes) and refrigerants. In 1958, it became Allied Chemical Corp. and moved into its current corporate headquarters in Morristown, New Jersey. In 1962, Allied bought Union Texas Natural Gas, which owned oil and gas properties throughout the Americas. Allied regarded it mainly as a supplier of raw materials for its chemical products, but this changed in the early 1970s when CEO John Connor (secretary of commerce under Lyndon Johnson) sold many of Allied's unprofitable businesses and invested in oil and gas exploration. By 1979, when Edward Hennessy Jr. became CEO, Union Texas produced 80% of Allied's income. Under its new name, Allied Corp. (1981), the company went on to purchase the Bendix Corp., an aerospace and automotive company, in 1983. By 1984, Bendix generated 50% of Allied's income, while oil and gas generated 38%. In 1985, Allied merged with the Signal Companies, adding critical mass to its aerospace, automotive and engineered materials businesses. Founded by Sam Mosher in 1922 as the Signal Gasoline Company, Signal was originally a California company that produced gasoline from natural gas. In 1928, the company changed its name to Signal Oil & Gas, entering into oil production the same year. Signal merged with the Garrett Corporation, a Los Angeles-based aerospace company, and in 1968 adopted the Signal Companies as its corporate name. The addition of Signal's Garrett division to Bendix made aerospace Allied-Signal's largest business sector. In 1985, the company sold 50% of Union Texas, and in 1986 it divested 35 non-strategic businesses through the formation and spin-off of The Henley Group, Inc. In mid-1991, with a new CEO, Lawrence A. Bossidy, and new leadership in many key businesses, Allied-Signal began a comprehensive program of transformation. Bold actions were taken to improve cash flow and operating margins, to increase productivity, and to position the company as a global competitive force for the years ahead. The Allied-Signal name was changed to AlliedSignal in 1993 to reinforce a one-company image and signify the full integration of all of its businesses. In 1999, AlliedSignal Inc. was acquired by Honeywell, Inc.

Scripophily

Dealer Accepts:

 

Shipping:

$5.00

Item Details:

  • Reference #
  • alincdel19
  • Quantity
  • 1
  • Category
  • Coins & Currency
  • Department
  • Antiques
  • Year
  • See Description
  • Dimensions
  • Width: 0 inch
  • Height: 0 inch
  • Depth: 0 inch
  • Weight: 0 pound
  • Condition
  • See Description

Items Similar To "AlliedSignal, Inc. ( Now Honeywell )"