SCANDONAVIAN NEOLITHIC CHERT AX WITH HAFTING
Click thumbnails for expanded view.
- Quantity Available: 1
THE HOGUP TRADE COMPANY
GUARANTEED 100% AUTHENTIC
" GREY and WHITE CHERT NEOLITHIC AXE"
Offered for your consideration is this Ancient Scandinavian Stone Age Neolithic Flint/Chert Axe Head
This axe head is made of gorgeous mottled charcoal-grey and white flint/chert and dates to the European Neolithic Period dating from 3,000 to 5,000 years B.P. It has been hammer flaked, ground and polished on both faces, and would have been hafted onto a wooden handle, some of the original hafting material is still attached to the pole. There is no evidence what use these had, warfare, wood cutting or religious. Given the technologies available at this early date in prehistory, it would have taken numerous hours of intense labor by a skilled craftsman to create this fine piece and would have been highly valued by its owner. It measures 7" long, 2 5/8" wide and 1 1/8" thick. This is a exquisite artifact and a rare opportunity to add this fine piece to any artifact collection.
View ALL photos for condition as they are a part of the description, ask for more photos if needed or ask questions.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
1) Payment; I DO NOT EXCEPT "E" CHECKS . DO NOT PAY UNTIL I HAVE SENT YOU AN INVOICE. You can make payment with PayPal with any credit or debit card or instant bank transfer. NO "E" CHECKS!!!! Payment is due prior to any items being shipped.
2) ) Shipping; We do not make ANY money off of this fee!! The shipping cost includes delivery to the post office, shipping materials either wrapping paper, bubble wrap and peanuts, priority mail, and tracking/ conformation. All items are insured for shipping "NO EXCEPTIONS". USPS insurance scale is listed below. Most of the items we ship we use the postal service boxes which are free, but when we have to have a custom box or double the postal service boxes to make a larger container for your item then it costs more and we lose money. If there is any remaining funds left over more than $1.00 we will refund it back to you. This item will also be sent with conformation, the number will be posted for tracking purposes. We will only ship to confirmed addresses.
3) GUARANTEE; I guarantee that all of the artifact’s that I list to the best of my knowledge are legally obtained and are 100% authentic and unaltered in modern times unless otherwise noted, backed with a 14 day inspection period.
4) RETURNS: Item must be received back in the same condition as sent. A %100 refund for items found not to be authentic, this includes your authentication fees (provide original kill letter from authenticator) and shipping costs to and from authenticator, all other reasons refund made less S/H/I, EBay fees and payment fees from PayPal. We try to type each piece as best we can, but it is up to you the buyer to view the photos provided or ask for more to make the final determination as to what type of point, pottery, basket, or anything else you are buying is. If you return any artifact that has not been looked at by a qualified authenticator , your refund will be less S/H/I and any associated fees.
5) DAMAGED ITEMS: If you receive your item damaged please contact immediately, I will need photos of the damaged item, shipping container and packing material. I will then make a claim to the carrier. I will also need to have the damaged item return to supply to the carrier. Once claim has been filed and item has been returned I will refund all of your money including S/H/I.
Postal insurance chart, insurance is mandatory for all items.
Amount for Merchandise Insurance Coverage Desired Price1
$0.01 to $50 $1.75
$50.01 to $100 $2.25
$100.01 to $200 $2.75
$200.01 to $300 $4.70
$300.01 to $400 $5.70
$400.01 to $500 $6.70
$500.01 to $600 $7.70
$600.01 to $5000 (maximum liability is $5,000) $7.70 plus $1.00 per $100 or fraction thereof over $600 in declared value
- Plain City, Utah
- View Storefront
- View Seller Website
- Contact Seller About This Item
- View Store Policies
- Reference #
- Neolithic Ax 001
- Type / Pattern
- Neolithic people
- 3000 yrs BP
- Width: 2.58 inches
- Height: 7 inches
- Depth: 1.12 inches
- Weight: 0 pound
- Hafted ax