Kayente/Virgin Anasazi Hunting Goggles Fetish
THE HOGUP TRADE COMPANY
Exceedingly Rare pair of basketry Hunting Goggles. Either worn as part of a Fetish Hunting costume attached to a mask or to shade the hunters eyes in bright sun during day time hunts.
As found and 100% Authentic
Kayente Anasazi of southeastern Utah.
Legally found in Jo's Canyon on private land. Recently on display in the Museum of San Rafael and removed by family members from the museum.
Only one other similar pair known to exist. The basketry eye cones are attached to a piece of brain tanned hide, with 1/16" thick Salix (Willow) "Z" twist cordage, that has been painted with red ocher, it also appears to have had some hide strips that may have either attached them to a mask or tied around the hunters head. The cones are woven out of Bear Grass in a spiral weave, attached to the eye cones is a strand of Salix cordage with a piece of natural colored hide possibly to shade the nose of the hunter.
The artifact is 4" in length, and at their widest point 1 7/8", and the cones are 7/8" and 3/4" deep/tall, Left cone is 1 7/16" in diameter and the right is 1 13/16" in diameter.
Overall condition is excellent. SEE PHOTOS FOR BETER IDEA OF CONDITION.
These are estimated to date from 717 yrs. to 1017 yrs. B.P.
View ALL photos for condition as they are a part of the description, ask for more photos if needed or ask questions. Thank you for looking.
ALL ARTIFACTS SOLD BY THE HOGUP TRADE COMPANY COME WITH A CERTIFICATE OF RELEASE AND DISCLOSER.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
1) Payment; I DO NOT EXCEPT "E" CHECKS. DO NOT PAY UNTIL I HAVE SENT YOU AN INVOICE. We accept PayPal Payments only and can be paid via PayPal with any credit or debit card. NO "E" CHECKS!!!! Payment using PayPal 3% usage fee added.
You can mail payment using a bank check or money order. This can add an additional 10 to 14 business days on to shipping time in order for payment to clear banks processing time.
2) ) Shipping; We do not make ANY money off of this fee!! The shipping cost includes delivery to the post office, shipping materials either wrapping paper, bubble wrap and peanuts, USPS priority mail, or UPS Ground and tracking/ conformation. All items are insured for shipping "NO EXCEPTIONS". Most of the items we ship we use the postal service boxes which are free, but when we have to have a custom box or double the postal service boxes to make a larger container for your item then it costs more. If there is any remaining funds left over more than $1.00 we will refund it back to you. This item will also be sent with conformation, the number will be emailed to you for tracking purposes. We will only ship to confirmed addresses.
3) RETURNS: Item must be received back in the same condition as sent. A %100 refund for items found not to be authentic, this includes your authentication fees (provide original kill letter from authenticator) and shipping costs to and from authenticator, all other reasons refund made less S/H/I. We try to type each piece as best we can, but it is up to you the buyer to view the photos provided or ask for more to make the final determination as to what type of point, pottery, basket, or anything else you are buying is. If you return any artifact that has not been looked at by a qualified authenticator , your refund will be less S/H/I and any associated fees. Accepted authenticators are Bill Jackson of Jackson Galleries or Artifact Co. Ben Stermer of Western Typology and Robert Butler of Butler Authentications .
We DO NOT cover any C14 or RMS dating costs for perishable authentications.
4) DAMAGED ITEMS: If you receive your item damaged please contact The Hogup Trade Company immediately, I will need photos of the damaged item, save shipping container and packing material and item to be given over to carrier. We will then make a claim to the carrier. I will also need to have the damaged item returned and all shipping material so I can turn them over to the carrier for inspection. Once claim has been filed and approved and item has been returned I will refund all of your money including S/H/I.
5) Guarantee; I guarantee that all of the artifact’s that I list to the best of my knowledge are legally obtained and are 100% authentic and unaltered in modern times unless otherwise noted. All lots Certified or with COAs by a third party Grading or Authentication service are Guaranteed As Described with NO returns. Lots without Certification or COAs are described to the best of my ability based on my experience and knowledge. This is not a guarantee of Condition, Attribution, or of Age and are backed with a 14 day inspection period and return.