French Art Deco Came Vase by Charles Schneider for Le Verre Francais
Rare colorless glass vase with inclusion of vitreous powders. Cameo work with stylized floral and decorated with acid in orange and brown tones. Cameo signature on the body "Charder" abbreviation of Charles Schneider. Signature engraved with a diamond point on the basis of "Le Verre Français" The Charder trademark: The French Glass was the largest art glassworks in Europe in the 1920s and 1930s. Ernest and Charles Schneider grow up in Nancy. In 1903 Ernest Schneider (1877-1937) was hired by the sales department of the Daum brothers factory. He obtained that the younger brother Charles, formed in sculpture at the School of Fine Arts in Nancy and Paris, offers projects of vases and glass paste. This collaboration continues until 19111. They founded their own company, Verreries Schneider, Epinay-sur-Seine in 1913. The company's success is confirmed after the end of hostilities in 1918. It has up to five hundred employees in 1925 and sells its creations all over the world in the world. After 1918, the first pieces with enamelled decorations of flowers and landscapes resume the studies designed before the war and those of his friend Gaston Hoffmann. However Charles Schneider quickly became the only maker of the pieces. Gradually moving away from Art Nouveau, it develops a very personal style, characterized by bright, powerful, contrasting colors and naturalistic and stylized motifs, which perfectly symbolizes the Art Deco style of the interwar period. The company produces under two brands, Le Verre Français and the Schneider line.
H 8.67 in. x Dm 4.73 in.
H 22 cm x Dm 12 cm