Fort Garry Gate, Winnipeg, Sterling Spoon
Click thumbnails for expanded view.
- Item Not Available
Upper Fort Garry was the last of five forts, known to have been built in the general vicinity of Broadway Avenue and Main Street. The other forts included Fort Rouge (circa 1736), Fort Gibraltar (circa 1806), Fort Douglas (circa 1815) and the original Fort Garry (circa 1821).
The fort was abandoned by 1882 and quickly fell into disrepair. The walls came down as Main Street was gradually straightened. Today, the North Gate is the only original remnant of the fort that has survived. Parts of its wooden walls were restored in the 1980's.
Length 4 1/2 inches. Fully marked sterling. No mono or removal,
R & J Silver and Such
- Charlotte Hall, Maryland
- This seller no longer sells on GoAntiques
Shipping:Negotiated with Seller
- Reference #
- Circa 1930's
- Width: 0 inch
- Height: 0 inch
- Depth: 0 inch
- Weight: 0 pound