Fantastic Jicarilla Apache Water basket/Tus
Click thumbnails for expanded view.
- Quantity Available: 1
The Hogup Trade Company
Offered for your consideration is the huge Jicarilla Apache water storage basket or Tus. This fine and large Tus was made between 1880 and 1910, exhibits a yucca clothe reinforcement to the end of the basket and was at one time completely sealed with pine pitch.
With age there has been some minor loss to the pitch coating. Both braided horse hair loops are still intact, construction is sand bar willow with devils claw accents.
This basket is also indented on one side for carring with a tump strap just above the buttocks.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
MAKE SURE YOU READ OUR ENTIRE TERMS of SALE LISTED BELOW.
Please ask any questions or ask for more photos if you need more information. I will be happy to answer any questions you have if I can.
Postal insurance chart, insurance is mandatory for all items.
Amount for Merchandise Insurance Coverage Desired
$0.01 to $50 $1.75 $50.01 to $100 $2.25 $100.01 to $200 $2.75 $200.01 to $300 $4.70 $300.01 to $400 $5.70 $400.01 to $500 $6.70 $500.01 to $600 $7.70 $600.01 to $5000 (maximum liability is $5,000) $7.70 plus $1.00 per $100 or fraction thereof over $600 in declared value.
1) Shipping; for the most part is $10.00 for smaller items plus insurance and confirmation, this includes shipping materials either wrapping paper, bubble wrap and peanuts, priority mail, and tracking or conformation. Insurance is mandatory for the item, and is EXTRA. Based on the table listed above. Large items that require a custom box for shipping will also be extra and will be quoted at time of sale. We use US Postal Service priority mail for almost everything, large items may be sent UPS and shipping costs will be quoted at time of sale.
2) Payment; PayPal payment is due within 24 hrs of receiving invoice. Do not pay until we have sent you an invoice. We will send you an invoice with amount including shipping and insurance charges. Item will ship within 5 business days of cleared payment in our bank. Contact us if you require other payment arrangements.
3) GUARANTEE; I guarantee that all of the artifacts that I list to the best of my knowledge are legally obtained and are 100% authentic and unaltered in modern times unless otherwise noted, backed with a 30 day inspection period so you can have the item papered by a preferred authenticator.
4) RETURNS: A %100 refund for items found not to be authentic, this includes your authentication fees (provide original letter from authenticator) and shipping costs to and from authenticator, all other reasons refund made less S/H/I, and PayPal fees. So be sure that you know what you are looking at from the photos before you bid. Item must be received back in the same condition as sent. We try to type a piece as best we can, but it is up to you the buyer to view the photos provided or ask for more to make the final determination as to what type of point, pottery, basket, or anything else you are bidding on. WE DO NOT MAKE REFUNDS FOR BUYERS REMORSE.
5) DAMAGED ITEMS: If you receive your item damaged please contact the carrier and then contact us, we will supply all needed paper work on the insurance to the carrier. Once the paper work is finished you will be sent the insurance check.
Thank you and good luck
- Plain City, Utah
- View Storefront
- View Seller Website
- Contact Seller About This Item
- View Store Policies
- Reference #
- Ethnic, Folk & Native American Art
- Type / Pattern
- Jicarilla Apache Indians
- Width: 11 inches
- Height: 17 inches
- Depth: 0 inch
- Weight: 0 pound
- Sand Bar Willow shoots