DUKE University WEDGWOOD Plate CROWELL - 1937
The world renowned learning and research institution known as Duke began in 1838, in Randolph County, North Carolina. The school was closely associated with the Methodist church and was known as Trinity College when it moved to Durham. It was renamed in 1924 to honor the Duke Family in recognition of their generous endowment.
The center of the plate has a red transfer design. The rims are molded with dogwood flowers and oak leaves as well as the university crest.
Measures 10-1/2 inches diameter.
Very good condition. No chips, cracks, dings or other damage found.
Please see our inventory for more college plates, as well as fine antiques of all kinds.