Basket Maker II Hafted Petrified Wood Knife
Click thumbnails for expanded view.
- Quantity Available: 1
THE HOGUP TRADE COMPANY
GUARANTEED 100% AUTHENTIC and LEGALLY FOUND
Extremely Rare Basket Maker II Hafted Knife
Recovered off of private property in eastern Utah. This knife is set in the tip of a Desert Bighorn Rams Horn tip with pitch and sinew. Blade is a multi colored chalcedony/agatized petrified wood. Handle appears to be 3 3/4" long and blade without knowing how far into the handle it is hafted appears to be 2 1/2" long without any idea of depth of hafting. Overall length is 6". Dates from 2,064 to 3,514 yrs. Before Present (BP) Pitch has several age cracks or crazing in it. Handle has what appears to be bore weevil damage and can be seen in photos. Cave deposits still present and has only been lightly brushed
I do the best I can in typing artifacts but it is up to you the bidder to make the final determination as to what type of point or blade it is
****REVIEW ALL PHOTOS FOR BETTER IDEA OF CONDITION AND TYPE AS THE PHOTOS ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE DESCRIPTION**** "NOTICE"******Make sure to read entire description including all terms of sale before you buy. Ask any questions before you buy. ++ALL OF THE ARTIFACTS SOLD BY THE HOGUP TRADE COMPANY COME WITH THE HOGUP TRADE CO. WRITTEN GUARANTEE OF AUTHENTICITY<>RELEASE AND DISCLOSER++
Terms and Conditions of Sale
1) Payment; You can make payment with PayPal . NO "E" CHECKS!!!! Also payment can be mailed, bank check, money order, personal check. Item is held for 10 working days after mailed payment has been received and clears bank.
2) ) Shipping; The Hogup Trade Company will combine shipping on multiple buys to a single buyer. Shipping cost includes delivery to the post office, shipping materials either wrapping paper, bubble wrap and peanuts, priority mail, and tracking. All items are insured for shipping "NO EXCEPTIONS". Most of the items we ship we use the postal service boxes which are free, but when we have to have a custom box or double the postal service boxes to make a larger container for your item then it costs more. If there is are remaining funds we will refund it back to you. Your item will also be sent with tracking. We will only ship to confirmed addresses. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is an additional minimum of $25.00, NO International sales.
3) GUARANTEE; I guarantee that all of the artifact’s that I list to the best of my knowledge are legally obtained and are 100% authentic and unaltered in modern times unless otherwise noted. All lots Certified or with COAs by a third party Grading or Authentication service are Guaranteed As Described with NO returns.. Lots without Certification or COAs are described to the best of my ability based on my experience and knowledge. This is not a guarantee of Condition, Attribution, or of Age and are backed with a 14 day inspection period and return. SEE ITEM #4 for further information on returns and refunds.
4) RETURNS and REFUNDS: Item must be received back in the same condition as sent. A 100% refund for items found not to be authentic, this includes your authentication fees (provide original kill letter from authenticator) and shipping costs to and from authenticator, all other reasons refund made less S/H/I, payment fees from PayPal if applicable. We try to type each piece as best I can, but it is up to you the buyer to view the photos provided or ask for more to make the final determination as to what type of point, pottery, basket, or anything else you are buying on is. If you return any artifact that has not been looked at by a qualified authenticator , your refund will be less S/H/I and any associated payment fees if applicable.
5) DAMAGED ITEMS: If you receive your item damaged please contact us immediately. We will make a refund once OK by carrier. You MUST return the item back to The Hogup Trade Com. We will then file a claim with the carriers insurance. You will need to return the item to us including the shipping container and all packing, WE WILL NOT SHIP UNINSURED.
- Plain City, Utah
- View Storefront
- View Seller Website
- Contact Seller About This Item
- View Store Policies
- Reference #
- NatArt 321
- Basket Maker Indians of Utah
- 2,064 to 3,514 Yrs B.P>
- Country of Origin
- Width: 0 inch
- Height: 6 inches
- Depth: 0 inch
- Weight: 0 pound
- Hafted Knife
- Agate, pitch, sinew, Rams horn