Dr. Miles Medicines "Buried Treasures" Booklet
A very early advertising booklet from Dr. Miles Medicines from Miles Laboratories of Elkhart, Indiana. They later developed "Alka-Selzer". Franklin Miles started the Dr. Miles Medical Company in 1884. It later became Miles Laboratories in 1935 and in 1979 it became part of Bayer AG Corporation. The booklet advertises their first medicines of Aspir-Mint, Nervine, Little Pills, Tonic, Cactus Compound and more. Andrew Bearsley, a nephew, is credited with moving the company from sedatives and into new inovative drugs. The possibility of "efferverscence" in medicines in tablet form caused him to have his scientists create "Alka-Seltzer" which was introduced in 1931.