Antique Russian Sword Caucasian Dagger Kindjal
DETAILS: A fullered double edged straight blade with a visible Damascus steel pattern. A hilt fitted with a pair horn grip-scales retained by two domed iron rivets with diamond shaped elaborated washers inlaid in silver with a pattern of scrolling foliage. With its original black leather covered wooden scabbard fitted with silver inlaid steel mounting.
MEASUREMENTS: Overall length with the scabbard: 56.5 cm (22 1/4 in), the length without the scabbard: 52.7 cm (20 3/4 in), length of the blade: 39 cm (15 3/8 in).
CONDITION: In good condition with minor wear.
1) "Weapons of the Caucasian nations" By E. Astvacaturyan.
2) "Caucasian Arms from the State Hermitage Museum St.Petersburg" by Yurij A. Miller.
3) "Edged Weapons in the collection of the Russian Museum of Ethnography".
4) "Les Armes Cosaques et Caucasiennes" by Laroslav Lebedynsky.
5) "Chechen Arms" by Isa Askhabow. "Russian Edged Weapons, 18 - 20th century" by A.N Kulinsky .
"Cossack Armies of the Russian empire" By Oleg Agafonov.
ALL OUR ARTIFACTS ARE ACCOMPANIED BY A CERTIFICATION OF AUTHENTICITY
WE SHIP INTERNATIONALLY